How to Use Essential Oils to “Simplify” (Balance) Your Emotions
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are made from plants. They’re the essence of the plant, distilled and prepared to bring the power of nature into your life. The oils can come from the roots, the seeds, the bark, or the flowers. They’re highly potent. A lot of people think they’re only used as a fragrance, but that’s just one of the benefits of essential oils. (By the way, some essential oils do NOT smell wonderful but have amazing healing properties, so I use them anyway.)
Benefits of Using Essential Oils
- Essential oils can support good oral hygiene. I LOVE doTERRA’s On-Guard toothpaste and won’t use anything else on my teeth.
- Essential oils can reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. I started using doTERRA face products a few years back and love them.
- Essential oils can promote healthy digestion. Peppermint is wonderful to help stomach aches.
- Essential oils can cleanse and purify the air. I love putting essential oils in a diffuser and being able to smell them all day. My favorite is tea tree oil (melaleuca). It smells so refreshing and cleansing to me.
- Essential Oils can help with clear breathing.
- And so much more.
Ways to Use Essential Oils
- Smell the oils. This is the “aromatic” way to use essential oils. You can use essential oils aromatically by diffusing in an essential oil diffuser, applying a drop or more into your hands and inhaling (I love this for a quick pick-me-up!), or you can wear as a personal fragrance. I haven’t worn perfume in about seven years as I only use essential oils. I love the smells and variety.
- Put them on your skin. Topical application of essential oils allows the oil to absorb into the skin. Some ways to use essential oils on your skin are massage, apply to targeted areas and rub in, or put in lotions or moisturizers. Again, always read instructions. A quick Google search will tell you what oils can be used directly or some you need to mix with a carrier oil like franctionated coconut oil or almond oil to dilute the strength.
- Eat the oils. Yes, you can actually ingest some oils. Be sure to read labels and instructions as not all oils can be ingested. The internal use of essential oils allows the oil to be transported throughout your body. Make sure the essential oil is safe for internal use first, and then try adding to water (a drop or 2 of lemon essential oils in water is great!), take in a veggie capsule, or put a drop under your tongue.
Watch the free Masterclass
Watch my free Masterclass inside Simple Goddess Tribe here.